A business can lose potential consumers and substantial revenue as its competitors rank higher in the search results. However, with competitive SEO strategies, it is possible to outperform tough competitors.
So, what can businesses do to tailor their competitive SEO strategies?
A robust content strategy, high-quality backlinks, and focusing on the right keywords can dramatically increase competitive SEO strategies and help businesses boost their revenue.
Let’s discuss these 3 factors in detail right below.
Table of Contents
Competitive SEO Strategies
Before any website is optimized for SEO, specific OKR goals and KPIs are set to measure success. However, with time businesses may not see much improvement in their website traffic and revenue if the SEO strategies are not properly implemented or executed.
In such cases, businesses may see their competitors doing better than them and generating more traffic and revenue. Thus, businesses will need to reevaluate their strategies and implement them to generate better SEO results.
In most cases, the problems can be solved by generating better content, gaining high-authority backlinks, and implementing correct keywords in the website. Here, we will discuss these competitive SEO recommendations in detail:
Implementing a Strong Content Strategy
Content is the key to outranking tough competitors in search results. Search engines like Google have their own algorithm to analyze if a website has content that is useful to the users and can generate value.
When a business publishes better content than its competitors, it will eventually rank higher on the search results and will gain better website traffic. From there, that business will be able to generate better leads and guide them through the sales funnel to generate better revenue.
So, top-notch content is a must for business websites that want to outrank their competitors. Here are some crucial factors to consider when generating a content strategy:
- Analyze the content gap between your business and your competitors. It will help you understand where you should focus while creating content for reoptimizing the existing ones.
- It is crucial for businesses to conduct customer journey mapping to understand how their consumers think. It will help businesses to guide and educate their customers before making a purchase decision.
- Make useful content that offers value to the readers. In such cases, it is important to offer better value than your competitors to rank higher on search results.
- Search engines highly consider content relevancy while indexing web pages. If a business website has irrelevant content, it is almost impossible to outperform its competitors.
- Generate specific and clear content goals. This way, businesses can guide their consumers and educate them about the products and services. This can significantly help consumers make purchase decisions.
In a nutshell, a website’s content is the compass for the website viewers. When a business can guide its consumers throughout the sales funnel with the help of its content, only then can it generate revenue from the consumers. Thus, businesses should be careful and put substantial effort into generating website content.
While content helps attract traffic, backlinks determine the prestige of a website. Search engines like Google understand the expertise, authority, and trustworthiness of a website through the backlinks existing in a website. It is also known as the E-A-T factor.
A website may have excellent content in it. However, without authority backlinks, it may be impossible to rank higher on search results, let alone beat competitors.
Therefore, right after generating the content, businesses will need to have a solid backlink strategy to help web pages rank higher while not increasing the website’s spam score.
Here are some major factors to consider while creating a backlink strategy:
- Make sure you are getting backlinks from sites that have higher authority than where your competitors are getting backlinks. If your competitors are getting higher quality backlinks than you, it will be impossible for you to outperform them.
- A backlink strategy should be generated based on quality rather than quantity. If a website contains spammy backlinks, it will only score the spam score on the website. Eventually, the website will earn penalties from Google, which will make the website lose business rather than gain.
- Irrelevant backlinks make no difference in search engine ranking. Therefore, it is crucial to focus on backlink relevance rather than the number of backlinks to gain the best benefits.
- A good backlink strategy should have a balanced ratio between dofollow and no-follow backlinks. If the ratio is imbalanced, it will look unnatural, making search engines suspicious.
Integrating the Most Relevant Keywords
Last but not least, it is crucial for a website’s competitive SEO strategy to integrate the most relevant keywords. Website authority has a massive influence on determining the SERP ranking, and it is impossible to boost a website’s ranking overnight. However, by including the right keywords, websites can eventually rank higher than their competitors, increasing your website authority.
If outranking high-competitive keywords seems impossible to achieve, businesses can focus on relevant low-competition keywords. With these keywords, a business can outrank its competitors. It will also help in boosting the rank of high-competitive keyword pages eventually.
As the website starts to gain more traffic by offering value to the target audience, the website authority will increase, and the search engines will display the website higher on the first page of the search results.
Focus on outperforming the competitors in desired high competitive keywords. Eventually, your website will gain enough authority to bring better results from competitive SEO strategies.
Maybe you are adopting and applying several SEO best practices to outrank your competitors yet not getting the best possible results. In such cases, it is wise to revamp the entire SEO strategy.
Every business is unique in its own way, and they need tailor-made SEO strategies to outperform their competitors. Start with a deep SEO audit for the website to understand the gaps in your strategies. It will also help in finding better opportunities and help your business grow with its true potential.