Table of Contents
What Are Mobile Automation Tools?
Mobile automation is a concept that has become essential to developing and releasing mobile users’ applications. Mobile automation refers to the automated process of testing mobile applications based on their utility, user-friendliness, functionality, performance, etc. It is the extensive testing of applications to ensure they are ready for usage in real time, and it can be automated or manual as a process.
Mobile applications can be of many types – for example, native applications are designed specifically for specific interfaces like iOS or across all interfaces but only for mobile users. There are hybrid apps, which function both as native and web-based applications. Automated testing for both has become accessible and essential in this digital era where usability and functionality are critical to a successful mobile application.
Uses and Advantages of Mobile Automation
Mobile automation can reduce your headache of testing to a large extent – this is not to say that it completely negates the need for manual testing, which is also important. Still, it does provide efficiency in testing by speeding up the process and ensuring higher accuracy.
Aside from this, mobile automation provides many advantages – including an efficient usage of time and resources, reduced overall costs of app development, a faster process, and automation tools for mobile testing complement manual testing by making the app development journey faster and more accurate at times. Mobile automation, like other forms of automation in the testing of applications, allows for a much better user experience developed at a faster pace by providing the required tools to find, target, and solve issues that previously would not have come into notice in development.
Mobile automation allows for a three-sixty-degree view – and there are also multiple tools in the market to help you out. Some things to keep in mind when selecting the best mobile automation tool for your project include:
- High build security
- Logging and tracking of errors, bugs, and results
- Continuous testing features
- Works within given constraints
- A tool that has a supportive and extensive community
Top 7 Mobile Automation Tools
Picking the correct tool is essential to having efficient mobile automation procedures and making the best of your investment. Some of the top mobile automation tools include:
TestGrid’s TestOS Mobile Automation testing tool dramatically changes the efficiency of mobile application testing while cutting expenses by providing multi-platform cloud testing support – their mobile automation software allows you to run tests with minimal time, effort, investment, and technical knowledge. With low-code and no-code support, global reach, and high flexibility, multiple international brands like Cognizant, Levis, NTG, etc., utilize TestGrid’s mobile automation tool for increased efficiency.
Using TestGrid, users can dramatically change the speed and accuracy of automation in mobile testing in their organizations/for their applications, all whilst having access to multiple-platform testing support and easy access to a large base of information and data.
- Low technical knowledge required
- Ability to analyze complex queries and issues
- Test cases are reusable and automated
- Information and data about app performance and other aspects at the tip of your fingers
- Re-usable, easily adaptable code
- Access to the cloud server to run hundreds of tests whenever and from wherever you are
LambdaTest’s real testing tool enables cloud-based virtual testing for mobile applications, with real testing on devices for both dev and production apps. With source-code testing, the LambdaTest mobile automation tool allows cross-platform support to improve app performance and provide debugging features.
- Native mobile application testing support
- Real device cloud feature
- Simulator and emulator support
- Live interactive mobile application testing
3. TEST COMPLETE
TestComplete enables the execution of automated UI tests across mobile applications, with a high-speed test completion rate. To side-step bugs, enable complete and efficient UI testing, and smoothen customer experience factors in the application, TestComplete is a solution that covers all bases. The tool allows you to run tests on actual mobile devices and emulators, supporting a wide base of programming languages and applications, having the benefit of compatibility and user-friendly usage.
- Easy to access, easy to use automation features
- Accelerated mobile testing through real-world mobile application testing
- Seamless cloud integration
- End-to-end solutions for testing
Automated mobile testing with Kobiton is made easy as it provides mobile automation testing across devices on a real-time basis, with a testing environment that is responsive, efficient, and user-friendly regardless of technical knowledge. Kobiton enables manual, automated, and scriptless testing through a free trial for the mobile app testing tool. It also emphasizes using no-code technology and complete testing of UI/UX.
- Centralized log for testing history and other data
- Supports native, Android, and iOS app testing
- Real devices and emulators run automated testing
- Regular updates ensure high performance and tool efficiency
Appium is an open-source automation tool for application testing, and the Apium mobile automation tool covers native and hybrid-based app testing for mobile applications. The automation framework utilized in Appium supports multiple applications and platforms, utilizing the Selenium WebDriver protocol.
- Android and iOS app support
- Source code access is not required
- Easy to use, low-code supportive tool
- Multiple languages supported
Espresso is an efficient mobile automation tool developed by Google for Android app testing and is therefore embedded with Android Studio. It supports testing on applications to enhance functionalities and has a simple API that has the benefit of flexibility and adaptability. The test recorded feature also allows for simple recording of all conducted tests.
- Automated tool for UI testing across Android devices
- Espresso recorder for logging all tests run
- Test executions are synchronized and set up, and integration is easy
- Supports android native and hybrid app testing
- Black box and also individual component testing feature
Robotium is another Android-based automation tool for mobile applications that is open source and utilizes a framework that enables the writing of automated test cases. Robotium allows users to define function and system fields to provide greater variation and a user-friendly application.
- Efficient testing for Android applications, specifically black-box testing
- Creates automated test cases (GUI) for Android applications
- Simple, vast, and complete scripts
- Easy-to-code automation test scripts
When it comes to mobile automation testing, there are multiple options out there. What’s important is choosing one most suited to your applications and specific requirements and your priorities when choosing a tool, whether related to investment, saving time, or any others. When you opt for TestGrid, you get easy access through the low-effort setup required and various tools with various applications, affording you flexibility and adaptability.
After all, why purchase multiple instruments and tools when you get everything under one roof with TestGrid at a much lesser cost? Opting for TestGrid means opting for cost-efficiency, real-time testing, cross-platform support, low expertise requirement, and a supportive community to enable a better application.