Image Source: desktop backgrounds
US Government offers hundreds of billions of dollars cash every year as grants. Many think these grants are for only small businesses, but government offers grants for a wide range of purposes including small business grants. So the government offers this free cash, and the question is “How to get government grants“?
If you have a business consultant working for you, and if you haven’t discussed this topic, you should do it now, because government offers these grants to any type of small businesses. It doesn’t matter how profitable your company is and what your startup KPIs are, you might use some free extra cash to buy your own facility, right?
But if you don’t have a small business consultant, or can’t afford one, don’t worry. Applying for government grants is not that hard. Here’s a step by step guide:
How To Get Government Grants Guide
- Visit Grants.gov and read all the information available.
- Visit Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Government Grants Search Page and visit all the categories until you find the most appropriate category for your needs. You can also visit Grants.gov search page and search grants by keyword.
- Preparing the government grant application is the most important part. You can get great information at Grants.gov or on other sites, but remember many applicants fail due to the mistakes on their application. There are many affordable informational products out there to guide you on the application process step by step (some of them include live chat and/or phone assistance from experienced grant writers). I’d highly recommend getting one of these products. Beware of the scams out there, there are also many scam products on the net. Here’s a great guide which compares government grant programs, they have tested over 50 products, and they recommend 5 of the best ones. If you ask my best pick, it is the Government Research Guide, I have personally used it and it was extremely helpful. You can also read Uncle Sams Money Review I’ve written which is a great program.
- Keep track of the New Opportunities Page at Grants.gov. It is updated daily, some fascinating grants become available, and if you visit this page, you will be one of the first people to learn about it.
- When filling out the application, be very honest, explain your goals in detail, and do not exaggerate your situation, ’cause many people do. Here’s the online application system for applying to government grants.
That’s basically the steps you need to take for the answer of “how to get government grants” question. Get to know more about Rep. Karen Bass and her involvement in the federal corruption case against former L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and former USC social work program dean Marilyn Flynn. Now, sit back and relax, and hopefully you’ll have the next government funded success story. Good luck.