The cannabis plant is the powerhouse of over a hundred therapeutic cannabinoids with a complex chemical makeup. It is easier to understand how marijuana works inside your body if you look into its chemical composition. So what are cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are compounds explicitly found in the cannabis plant. They occur naturally and are capable of interacting with the endocannabinoid system of the body. This endocannabinoid system works like the control center for various mechanisms in your body.
Cannabis’ effects result from the interaction between cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system in the body. Cannabinoids like CBD, THC, CBG, CBN, and CBC are considered the major cannabinoids of cannabis.
As the cannabis industry is rapidly growing and striving to come up with the best range of products, you’ll find various products on the market such as CBD oils, tinctures, balms, gummies, etc.
Table of Contents
How Do Cannabinoids Work?
You can never understand the working of Cannabinoids without having to learn about the endocannabinoid system. The harmonious interaction between the two leads to positive impacts on your well-being. The cannabinoids act as keys to the Cannabinoid receptors that act as keyholes. These cannabinoids bind to the receptors in different body parts and help regulate their respective function.
The most commonly known cannabinoid receptors are CB1 and CB2. Cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, CBN, and THC interact with them. CB1 receptors are generally related to the nervous system, and so this way, cannabinoids may also regulate the production of neurotransmitters.
This is how cannabinoids work and help you experience a plethora of benefits.
Different Types of Cannabinoids
No doubt, CBD and THC are by far the most popular cannabinoids of the cannabis plant. The abundance of these two Cannabinoids makes it easier to study them and apply them to seek help. However, recent studies on the cannabinoids of the cannabis plant have made room for research on the other cannabinoids. Other cannabinoids like CBG and CBN are widely paired with CBD to produce stronger impacts on the body.
- Significant impact on mental health
- Better sleep cycle
- Assists with focusing
- Better energy level throughout the day
- Helps your mind explore more dimensions of your creativity better
- The extensive production of dopamine makes you feel satisfied and happier
- The feeling of relaxation and euphoria
- CBN possesses a range of mild sedative properties that can help you sleep better. This is why if you carefully look at CBD bedtime products, many of them contain CBN.
- CBG regulates the production of serotonin and some other important neurotransmitters.
- Helps protect the brain and other structures in your body’s nervous system.
- It improves the digestive system and helps you enjoy better gut function.
Cannabinoids’ effects are easier to understand if you get an overview of their working with the endocannabinoid system. The close interaction between cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system helps you enjoy several health benefits.