Google Chrome, amongst the most popular internet browsers, has a large number of extensions that help streamline procedures in a variety of businesses. The Proctorio Chrome Extension is such a chrome extension that has an impact on the educational sector. What then is the Proctorio Chrome extension, how can it function, and how do you install it quickly? The solutions to such questions can be found in this article.
What is Proctorio Chrome Extension?
The Proctoring Chrome Extension is indeed a secured web-based connector that allows test administrators and teachers to proctor exams without having to leave their LMS environment. This means that, following a full LMS installation, the platform would have a needed layer in proctoring, including trustworthy anti-cheating capabilities, insightful analysis, including quick report generating, among other things.
Proctoring Chrome Extension is a Google Chrome Extension that allows you to incorporate proctoring onto LMS. Faculty may handle all settings including information inside the LMS, such as exams, using the Proctoring Chrome Extension (making use of their original password and username credentials). They may easily create exam profiles and conduct proctored exams with the press of a button. However, the candidate’s experience of requesting proctoring during their exam remains the same.
This online testing service can only be accessed using the Proctorio Chrome plugin. It enables test/exam participants to fill their assessments at any time, removing the need to postpone. However, there are a few things to consider before you use the platform to conduct a full online test. These are some of them:
- A mic and then a webcam, which can either be internally or externally, is required.
- Your photo ID is required to verify the participant and assure the test’s integrity.
- A device connected to the internet, which can be via a cellular network, hotspot from a device, Wi-Fi device, or an ethernet cable.
Advantages of Proctorio Chrome Extension
The Proctoring Chrome Extension has been adopted in many educational sectors in recent times, this is due to the advantages that this platform offers to students and educational authorities when they use it. Let us consider some of these advantages;
- Users can take examinations online with the Proctorio browser extension, which eliminates the requirement for exam proctors in person.
- Exam proctoring is a common procedure that protects the integrity and validity of scholastic assessments.
How to Install Proctorio Chrome Extension
The Proctoring Chrome Extension is a feature that can be used on the Google platform. Therefore, before the Proctoring Chrome Extension is installed, it is important that if you do not have Google Chrome installed on your device, you first download it.
Now let us consider how to go about with the installation of the Proctoring Chrome Extension. Below are detailed steps to follow;
STEP 1: Download Google Chrome and install: Visit google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser to download Chrome for your PC.
After you’ve downloaded Chrome, you’ll need to utilize it to take your examinations.
NOTE: Proctorio should not be used with Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox.
STEP 2: Install the Proctorio Chrome Extension to your browser: Proctorio also involves the installation of a Chrome extension. This is a one-off process that would have updates that would be done automatically. To install and add the proctorio extension, follow the steps below
- Go to getproctorio.com.
- Click on the link below Install Proctorio Chrome Extension.
- Click on ‘’Add extension”
- After you’ve installed the extension, you’ll get a notification that says “Proctorio has been added to Chrome.”
Proctorio has successfully been added!
After the installation is successful, you can now proceed to take an exam, this can be done using a learning management system (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc) or a platform for assessment to begin a proctored examination.
Access Technical Support
There is a provision for technical support in the Proctorio Chrome Extension where students can get the needed assistance while using this platform. Let us consider some of the steps to access technical support.
- Select the Proctorio Chrome extension icon
- To speak with a Proctorio representative, click on Live Chat.
- For detailed guides and videos, click on Help and Support Center.
When using this platform, there are some tips that when taken note off has been found helpful by users. Below are those tips.
- Ensure you have the most recent versions of your browser and Proctorio extension
- Before you begin the exam, try to upgrade the operating system of your device.
- During your exam, turn off any unnecessary extensions or applications.
- For a safe internet connection, use an ethernet cable whenever possible.
The Proctoring Chrome Extension from Google allows test/exam takers to complete their evaluations at any time, eliminating the need to postpone. Because of the benefits that this platform provides to students and educational authorities when they use it, it has recently been accepted in many educational sectors.
The Proctorio browser extension allows users to take exams online, eliminating the need for in-person exam proctoring. Exam proctoring is a standard practice that ensures the validity and integrity of academic exams.